Peace of Mind With Affordable Motorcycle Coverage
If you own a motorcycle, you know there is nothing quite like riding down the open road with the wind blowing around you. The only thing that makes it better is the knowledge that you have the appropriate motorcycle insurance to protect you financially if you were ever in an accident. We help you enjoy your hobbies without the worry of financial ruin for your family if something were to happen to you.
Along with offering you peace of mind, motorcycle insurance is also required by law before you are even on the bike. Property damage liability and bodily injury liability motorcycle coverage must be purchased before you are legally able to take your bike out for a ride. Fortunately, we are here to help you find the most affordable coverage with a motorcycle insurance quote from Bolt Insurance Agency.
What Is Required for Motorcycle Insurance?
Many companies and agencies will try to sell you insurance coverage that you don’t need to make money. At Bolt Insurance, we vow to always explain exactly what you are getting and why you need it when we provide you with a quote. For you to better understand what you need, we have a few terms and conditions you should understand before getting started.
If you are in a motorcycle accident that was your fault, you may be held legally responsible for injury or damage that was caused in the accident, both to property and any person involved in the accident. The law requires that you have two types of motorcycle insurance coverage to protect both you and others on the road.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage – If another motorist’s vehicle is damaged in an accident you caused, this insurance will cover the repair or replacement of the vehicle. Any property that is damaged because of an accident is covered under this type of coverage.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – If you cause an accident and another motorist is killed or seriously injured, you may be required to pay for burial or funeral costs, loss of income and any medical expenses they incur for treatment. Without the right insurance coverage, these costs can put you in deep financial trouble for life.
- Passenger Bodily Liability Coverage – If another passenger on your motorcycle is injured in the accident, bodily injury may be covered under a separate passenger liability coverage. Many times, you can simply pay an extra premium for Bodily Liability Coverage for passengers on your bike.
The type of coverage you need will vary based on the state you live in. Any time your life changes, you should reassess your motorcycle coverage with your agent to determine if you are qualified for any discounts or if you require any extra coverage.
What should be included in motorcycle insurance coverage?
While the two options above are required by law in most states before you can ride, you may want to go even further by adding some extras to your policy for additional protection. Many times, the cost of the additional coverage is low compared to the benefit that comes when you need it. There are a few things you want to consider when getting cheap motorcycle insurance.
Damage to your motorcycle is an important thing to consider when buying insurance. If you are in an accident, whether it is your fault or not, and your bike is damaged, you need insurance to cover the cost of replacement or repair. This is referred to as motorcycle damage insurance and may include any of the following:
- Comprehensive Coverage – As with auto insurance, motorcycle insurance offers collision and comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage is required when some type of damage occurs that’s not with another vehicle. For example, theft, windstorm, fire, vandalism or hitting an animal may be covered under comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage requires you to pay a deductible before insurance kicks in, and the amount should be discussed with your agent.
- Collision Coverage – If you collide with a stationary object such as a parked vehicle, guard rail or fence, or another vehicle while you are riding your motorcycle then damage to your bike is covered by collision coverage. If your bike is parked and hit by another vehicle, collision coverage will also cover any damage that is caused. Once again, a deductible must be paid before collision coverage kicks in.
- Rental Reimbursement – If you must rent a vehicle or motorcycle while your is being repaired, rental reimbursement coverage will cover the cost for you. The length of time you are covered is subject to the terms of your policy, so be sure to discuss this with your representative at Bolt Insurance Agency.
What happens when the other driver isn’t insured?
Unfortunately, even when you are doing your best to ride safe and not break the law, others avoid taking the same responsibility and may cause an accident that causes injury or damage to your property. In this case, you may end up holding the repair and medical bills for something that wasn’t your fault.
To avoid this problem, you can add underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage that pays for all applicable medical expenses that are the result of an accident you did not cause. In a perfect world, all motorists would have the required coverage, but reality is that you may want to add this option to further protect you and your family.
Can you compare motorcycle insurance quotes?
At Bolt Insurance Agency, we offer you fast, reliable insurance quotes within 24 hours of receiving your information. We work with national, specialty and regional carriers such as The Hartford, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Safeco Insurance, MetLife and Progressive to help find you the least expensive option that keeps you financially secure.
Every time you reassess your motorcycle insurance coverage, speak to a representative from Bolt Insurance Agency to get an honest, reliable assessment of what you have and what you need. Our goal is to provide coverage that protects you financially but doesn’t empty your wallet when you pay your premiums. Contact us today so you can enjoy riding your bike without concern that you and those around you aren’t financially protected if an accident were to occur.
Get a Motorcycle Insurance Quote Online Today!
Motorcycle Insurance FAQs
What is motorcycle insurance?
How much is motorcycle insurance?
What is motorcycle insurance required to cover?
What else should my motorcycle insurance cover?
Corporations and Limited Liability Companies (LLC) are the most common types of businesses set up by entrepreneurs and new business owners Both op...Read More