Having the right janitorial insurance coverage for your janitorial services business is a must. Not only to protect your janitorial business, but also to protect you as a small business owner in general.
Even as a professional at what you do, there are times when something goes wrong and those situations may never actually be your own fault or doing; they may not even be able to be foreseen or even prevented by yourself. The right janitorial insurance coverage will help to protect you and your business through these times and can even help to keep your janitorial business afloat even in the most severe of cases.
Before we dive deeper into the various cleaning business insurance coverage available, let’s look at some situations that our janitorial insurance experts at BOLT frequently hear about from those who own janitorial businesses that can also happen to you.
- Someone slips and falls or gets hurt in your work area and they sue you
- An employee gets hurt on the job and files a claim against you
- Damage is accidently done to a clients property and they sue you
- A piece of your equipment gets damaged and prevents you from working
- Your van, truck, or car gets in an accident; or is hit by another vehicle while parked (most personal auto policies don’t cover your car for business use)
- One of your employee’s steals something from one of your clients
- Your office, workshop, equipment, or even computer are damaged by a flood, wind storm or other natural disaster (for those who work out of their home, please remember that most home owners policies don’t cover your business items)
The right cleaning insurance coverage will help to protect you and your business against all of the above situations and more, both the expected and the unexpected.
The question to ask yourself is that of can you afford to have this happen to you, your business, and your future? If you are like most small business owners, the answer is no. In most cases, it doesn’t make sense for you to put aside and have ready to pay-out the millions of dollars needed to truly protect yourself from the unexpected. It makes more financial sense to transfer that risk via the right janitorial insurance coverage and stay focused on your business.
We advise you to speak with one of our cleaning business insurance experts and get a free cleaning insurance quote comparison where they can discuss your business and its potential risks with you to help develop the right janitorial insurance coverage plan for your unique needs.
Common janitorial insurance coverage includes:
- General Business Liability Coverage
- Property Coverage
- Inland Marine Coverage
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Commercial Auto (truck, van, car)
- Umbrella Policy
A sample of the cleaning insurance coverage included or available as additional options are:
- Voluntary Property Damage
- Additional Insured’s
- Fire legal Liability
- Lost Key Coverage
- Building and Structures
- Appurtenant Structures
- Business Income / Extra Expense
- Newly Constructed or Acquired Buildings
- Business Crime
- EDP Equipment Coverage
- Glass Breakage
- Accounts Receivable Coverage
- Outdoor Property such as fences & walls
- Sewer or Drain Backups
- Damage to Tenants Property
Speak with a BOLT janitorial insurance expert today to get a free customized janitorial insurance quote comparison for your business.