Having the proper landscaping insurance coverage for your lawn care services business is a must. Not only to protect your lawn care or landscaping business, but to also help protect you from the unfortunate as a small business owner in general.
Even as a professional landscaper, no matter how many years of landscaping experience you have under your belt, there are times when something goes wrong and those situations may never actually be your own fault or doing. These instances may not even be able to be foreseen or even prevented by yourself―sometimes accidents just happen. The right lawn care insurance coverage or landscaping insurance coverage will help to protect you and your business through these times and can even help to keep your lawn care or landscaping business afloat even in the most severe of cases.
Before we dive deeper into the various lawn care business insurance coverage available, let’s look at some situations that our landscaping insurance and lawn care insurance experts at BOLT frequently hear about from those who own lawn care businesses that can also happen to you.
- An employee gets hurt on the job and files a claim against you
- Pets or humans get sick from pesticides or herbicides applied to property
- Someone slips and falls or gets hurt in your work area and they sue you
- Damage is accidently done to a clients property and they sue you
- A piece of your equipment gets damaged and prevents you from working
- Your van, truck, or car gets in an accident; or is hit by another vehicle while parked (most personal auto policies don’t cover your car for business use)
- You apply chemicals or fertilizers to a yard and it burns the grass
- One of your employee’s steals something from one of your clients
- Your office, workshop, equipment, or even computer are damaged by a flood, wind storm or other natural disaster (for those who work out of their home, please remember that most home owners policies don’t cover your business items)
The right lawn care insurance coverage will help to protect you and your business against all of the above situations and more, both the expected and the unexpected.
The question to ask yourself is that of “can you afford to have this happen to your business, yourself, and your future?” For most small business owners, and probably yourself as well, the answer is no. In most cases, it doesn’t make sense for you to put aside and have ready to pay-out the millions of dollars needed to truly protect yourself and your lawn care business from the unexpected. It makes more financial sense to transfer that risk via the right lawn care insurance coverage and stay focused on your working on and growing your business.
We advise you to speak with one of our landscaping business insurance experts and get a free landscaping insurance quote comparison or lawn care insurance quote comparison where they can discuss your business and its potential risks with you to help develop the right lawn care insurance coverage plan or landscaping insurance coverage plan for your unique needs.
Common lawn care insurance coverage and landscaping insurance coverage includes:
- General Business Liability Coverage
- Property Coverage
- Inland Marine Coverage
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Commercial Auto (truck, van, car)
- Umbrella Policy
A sample of the lawn care insurance coverage or landscaping insurance coverage included or available as additional options are:
- Snow Removal
- Pesticide or Herbicide Applicator Coverage
- Voluntary Property Damage
- Additional Insured’s / Blanket
- Fire legal Liability
- Building and Structures
- Appurtenant Structures
- Valuable Papers
- Business Income / Extra Expense
- Newly Constructed or Acquired Buildings
- Business Crime
- EDP Equipment Coverage
- Glass Breakage
- Accounts Receivable Coverage
- Outdoor Property such as fences & walls
- Damage to Tenants Property
Speak with a BOLT janitorial insurance expert today to get a free customized landscaper insurance quote comparison or landscaping insurance quote comparison for your business today.